HOW TO GET HERE
Litchfield Tourist Park can be reached from Darwin and Katherine via very good sealed roads. Once here, most of the roads to the major attractions are by sealed road. There are a couple of tracks opened during our dry season for 4WD enthusiasts.
- Drive 85km south of Darwin or 27 km north of Adelaide River.
- Look out for the large highway signs to turn off to Batchelor and Litchfield National Park.
- Drive into Batchelor which is 13km from the turn off.
- At the roundabout turn right and travel out of Batchelor for a further 6km.
- Look out for the left turn to Litchfield National Park and us.
- Travel along this road for a further 6km until you reach us.
- Once you arrive in Batchelor you will notice our signs also pointing you in the right direction every few kilometres.
May to October is called the dry season as there is very little rain during this time of year. This is the most popular time of year for visitors as the weather is a little cooler and traditionally very predictable. Daytime temperatures range from 27 to 32 degrees Celsius with low humidity levels.
November to April is - you guessed it – the wet season. It's the time of year we get the majority of our rain. This is our favourite time of year as the attractions are not so busy, the wildlife is abundant, the landscape is lush and green, creeks and waterfalls are in full flow and the evening lightning storms are better than fireworks over the Sydney Harbour Bridge on New Years Eve. 4WD tracks will be closed at this time of year and not all waterholes will be safe for swimming. We provide updated info upon checkin.